• Acetyl L-Cysteine – A well-known powerful liver detoxifying amino acid. It is used in A&E departments around the world to treat paracetamol overdose. It is theorised that cysteine is used by the liver to produce glutathione, your body’s master-antioxidant.
• L-Theanine – Found almost exclusively in tea leaves, with especially high concentrations in green tea. Research suggests that L-Theanine significantly increases the frequency of brain alpha waves, which are associated with a state of wakeful relaxation and calm. It also seems to settle “excitable” neurotransmitters while promoting “calming” neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine and GABA.
• Taurine – One of the most abundant amino acids found in the body. It has a vast array of functions, particularly in the brain, where it has a neuro-protective role.
• Ginger – equivalent to 2700mg (5% Gingerols)
• Turmeric – equivalent to 3000mg (95% curcumin)
Gingerol is the active ingredient in ginger and curcumin in Turmeric which powers their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These super-foods have been used traditionally for centuries to treat common ailments, including joint pain and symptoms of nausea.
AfterDrink includes highly-concentrated extracts of ginger and turmeric which provide the equivalent of almost three grams of each in every three-capsule serving.
• Bioperine® – 5mg (black pepper extract):
The general impression is that the more nutrients you consume, the more of them will be absorbed. However, this is dependent on the “bioavailability” of that nutrient and how well the cells in our gut are able to absorb them. BioPerine® is a patented “bioavailability enhancer” which has been shown to increase the uptake of curcumin (the active ingredient of turmeric) by as much as 2000%. It also enhances the uptake of CoQ10, Seleium and Vitamin B6, which are all ingredients included in AfterDrink.
• Chamomile – equivalent to 750mg (3% Apigenin)
Chamomile is one of the oldest, most widely-used and well-documented medicinal plants in the world. It’s been recommended for a variety of healing applications. Most commonly, it is used to soothe upset stomachs and settle anxious nerves.
• Artichoke – 150mg (2.5% Cynarine)
• Panax ginseng – equivalent to 750mg (20% Ginsenoside)
• Choline – 82.5mg
Artichoke is a thistle-like perennial plant which has been shown to have liver-protecting, gall bladder-stimulating and cholesterol-lowering properties. It’s a great antioxidant and included regularly in food supplements which boast liver-supporting qualities. These herbs work in synergy with choline to support liver function.
• Vitamins, Minerals, Alpha Lipoid Acid and Coenzyme Q10
We’ve included alpha lipoid acid, Coenzyme Q10 and a specific selection of vitamins and minerals in AfterDrink. They work in synergy to enhance their antioxidant properties.
Recent research has shown that antioxidants must work together to prevent free radical damage. For example, when vitamin E has been neutralised it becomes a very weak version of a free radical itself. However, if it is taken in combination with vitamin C, the vitamin C will ‘recycle’ it so that vitamin E becomes an active antioxidant once again.
Similarly, vitamin C must be recycled by glutathione so the same doesn’t happen to it as well. Antioxidants also need other team players in the mineral group such as zinc, chromium, copper and manganese to do their job optimally. They are all part of the AfterDrink formula.
- 100% Plant-Based and Gluten-Free
- NO Drugs or Stimulants
- NO Filler and Non-GMO
- Made in the UK
- FREE Delivery Options
This product does not prevent intoxication or protect against alcohol related damage that may be caused by excessive or long term drinking. AfterDrink is not a Hangover cure. The only way to reliably prevent a hangover is to drink in moderation and within recommended limits. Hangovers are usually caused by drinking too much in a short period of time. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking any prescribed medication or have any medical conditions including food allergies, it is best to consult your doctor before taking food supplements.
The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult a physician before taking our supplement if you are on medication, pregnant, breastfeeding or have a known medical condition.
|There are no products|